We are proud sponsors of the Haitian Initiative!
Co-Ed League available for U9 - U14 Soccer Players, birth years 2006-2011. We will form teams and have scrimmages each session!
Dates: Thursday, August 13, 6:15-8:30 pm
Tuesday's, August 18 & 25th, 7:00 -8:30 pm
Cost: $25 (to cover field rental & coaches)
Registration is now open!
Chato Alvarado, the Director of Coaching for MYSA, has graciously offered to conduct a grassroots 9v9 coaching course here in Alexandria!
- Online Option 1: Thursday, July 30th 3:30 - 5:30pm
- Online Option 2: Friday, July 31st 6:00 - 8:00pm
- In-person Field Portion: Saturday, August 1st 4:00 - 6:00pm
- You must complete one of the two online options
- You must use a computer with video capabilities
- The field portion will take place at the Alexandria Area High School
- Wear proper athletic attire appropriate for the weather that day
- Must be 16 years of age or older to register per USYS
- $75 up front, reimbursable if you agree to coach for the Alexandria Area Soccer Association
Link to Register:
For questions contact:
- Chato Alvarado, Director of Coaching for MYSA, email@example.com
- Emmy Kleespies, Director of Coaching for AASA, firstname.lastname@example.org, 320-424-1474
The Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) is offering soccer camps for Middle School & High School players at the North Star Sports Complex at no cost for up for 40 kids! The girls camp is on August 4th and 5th and the boys camp will be on August 10th and 11th.
Please visit their website for additional information and to register at https://www.alexandriafca.com/camps
If you are interested, we are always seeking coaches for our various soccer programs year round! We also will pay for coaches training/certifications and a per diem will taking courses if you are willing to make a one year commitment to coaching with AASA. Please contact email@example.com for additional information.
Boys U10 Haitian Team Sponsored by The Jack Schneider Memorial Fund
Soccer Skill Development:
Kevin Roos has shared some of his drills on his YouTube channel. Highly recommended!
Younger players may have to practice one activity several times before moving on to the next skill. You can also click on the following link to look for some at home training plans on his website.
Facebook Kangaroos Soccer
Instagram Kangaroos Soccer
Strength Training / Injury Prevention
Katie Roos: B.S. in Exercise Science, M.S. in Education & Public Health, Certified Personal Trainer
While fitness centers are closed, we want to offer a resource for players and families. Katie Roos has put together a series of videos that can be done at home without any equipment or weights, including a strength and injury prevention workout specifically designed for soccer players. For these videos, go to the Facebook page: KR Fitness
Sunday, June 14th at 6:30 pm
|2014 - 2015||U6|
|2012 - 2013||U7/U8|
|2010 - 2011||U9/U10|